Join the PCS Team
Office Support Staff/Receptionist: PCS-Counseling, Northville, MI
Summary: PCS-Counseling is seeking a part-time office support staff/receptionist to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks during late afternoon and evening hours, and coverage as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service, demonstrates the ability to engage clients in a warm, welcoming, and empathetic manner, and maintains a high standard of professionalism.
- Responsible for greeting clients, guests, and vendors. Checks clients in for their scheduled appointments and communicates to the assigned therapist.
- Acts as a liaison between clients, therapists, and staff responsible for billing and accounting. Handles and records cash payments.
- Gathers referral information, creates a new client file and/or updates information for reopens, and schedules intake appointments with therapists based upon clients’ needs and preferences. Consults with Clinical Director as needed. Provides resources and/or external referrals when applicable.
- Ensure that intake paperwork documentation is completed prior to the initial appointment, scanned into the Electronic Health Record, and updated annually. Enters information or scans documents into client records.
- Partners with office staff and therapists for scheduling, cancelling, and/or rescheduling appointments.
- Work closely with staff to maintain office operations and facilitate communication.
- High School diploma or 1-2 years of college or technical school/training.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience using a variety of office equipment, including answering phones, operating computers, printers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Proficiency with computer software systems, including Electronic Health Records, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Email, and Google Suite.
- Excellent skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, organization, time management, attention to detail, critical thinking, and customer service.
- Hours Available: Monday through Thursday afternoons/evenings and other hours as needed/assigned.
Who We Are: Founded in 1977 by Dr. John Mlinarcik, PhD, LMSW, PCS-Counseling is a thriving group private practice in Northville, MI. PCS-Counseling’s team of diverse and experienced clinicians offer assessment and outpatient therapeutic services to infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families.
PCS-Counseling’s staff serve the unique behavioral health needs of our clients by providing a warm, safe, and supportive environment, and a trauma-informed approach to care. We accept most major commercial insurance health plans (BCBS, BCN, Aetna, Out of Network), private pay, and sliding scale fees.
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com